CJSC RASCOM network is a combination of the primary SDH fiber-optic network and telephony and telematic services secondary networks built on the basis thereof.
The reliability of the network function is achieved by means of:
- Using, to build the network, the most up-to-date equipment of world leading manufacturers such as ADC, Cisco, Nokia, Nortel, Pirelli, Tellabs
- Permanent up-dating the software and hardware of the network equipment
- Backbone network traffic protection of the multi-level hot reserve system based upon “physical ring” topology which implies using different routes to organize main and back-up transmission directions
- Building a unique automated tied-together network planning, monitoring and management system which allows a 24hrs equipment monitoring of the primary and secondary network equipment from one management center in Saint-Petersburg
- Ramified and territorially distributed infrastructure of network equipment and outside plant operations maintenance that provides for emergency situation restoration at any point in the network within 4 – 6 hours after it has arisen
- Highly-skilled technical personnel that was trained in specialized training centers of the companies Nortel, Nokia, Tellabs and network academy of Cisco.